When the baby is born, it is usually asked first is “how her weight?”. If its weight is in the normal range is definitely the mother and family will be happy. Newborn weight loss can become a benchmark of the health of the baby.
Yes, many studies have proven that the new baby was born with low weight are at risk of experiencing a wide range of diseases in later life.
In fact, low pressure to cause the death of the newborn of 60-80% in the world, according to WHO.
Birth weight is the weight of your baby’s first measured after the baby is born. Birth weight is said to be normal could be in the range of 2500 – 4000 grams, on babies born, are old enough (37-40 weeks gestational age).
Unlike with premature babies, where babies born on gestational age less than 37 weeks, which usually have a birth weight less than 2500 grams.
So that premature babies are more at risk to have a low birth weight (LBW). Babies born around the date of the supposed he was taken to tend to have more significant influence than babies born early.
How Fast Do Babies Gain Weight
The results of the latest research show a connection between the baby gaining weight in the first month with the level of IQ or intelligence of a child is higher in the age of the start of school.
A team of researchers from Australia and Canada it analyzes data from 14,000 healthy babies in Belarus.
From the study it obtained findings that baby weight was increased 40% in the four weeks since the firstborn, has the value level of intelligence or IQ 1.5 higher when reaching the age of 6 years.
Compared to the baby that his weight was only increased by 15% from the inception of the pressure in the first month.
However, the researchers recommend that parents are not imposing feeding in children. But it is essential for parents to pay attention to the increase of the weight of their children especially when the baby is still aged under one month.
How Much Weight Should A Baby Gain Each Month
The weight of normal newborn baby differs between men and women.
- Babies who are between the lower normal limit and the normal upper limit (male: 2.5 s/d 3.9 kg/women: 2.4 3.9 kg s/d) is included in the normal weight fit his age.
- Babies who weighed was under the normal limit under (male: 2.5 kg/< women: 2.4 < kg) including underweight (less weight)
- Babies weighing is under the value of underweight (male: 2.1 kg/< women: < 2 kg) must obtain the handling of doctor (likely poor nutrition) Babies weighing is above the upper limit of normal including overweight (males: > 4.4 kg/women: > 4.2 kg) (overweight). Do a diet to lose weight.
- Babies weighing is above the value of the overweight (males: > 5 kg/women: > 4.8 kg) to look out for as the symptoms of obesity.
How Much Weight Should Baby Gain By 2 Months
Normal weight babies 2 months baby differs between men and women.
- Babies who are between the lower normal limit and the normal upper limit (male: 4.3 s/d 6.3 kg/Female: 3.9 s/d 6.3 kg) is included in the normal weight fit his age.
- Babies who weighed was under the normal limit under (male: 4.3 kg/< women: 3.9 kg <) including underweight (less weight)
- Babies weighing is under the value of underweight (male: 3.8 kg/< women: < 3.4 kg) must obtain the handling of doctor (likely poor nutrition)
- Babies weighing is above the upper limit of normal including overweight (males: > 7.1 kg/women: > 6.6 kg) (overweight). Do a diet to lose weight.
- Babies weighing is above the value of the overweight (males: > 8 kg/women: > 7.5 kg) to look out for as the symptoms of obesity.
How Fast Do Newborns Gain Weight
When the mother carries the baby for the control or immunization, your doctor or midwife will typically weigh your baby and take copious notes in the book of health to monitor its growth.
Weight infants generally increase 170-220 grams per week, or 450 – 900 grams per month during the first few months. Approximate weight changes of normal infants occur after birth, namely:
- At the age of a few days, the baby’s weight is generally down 5-10 percent and will climb back in the 2-3 weeks later.
- At age 4-6 months, baby weight doubled from the baby’s weight at birth and became three times when his age reached a 12-month period.
- In line with the increase in the weight of the baby, the baby’s body length also increased 1.5 times the length of the head circumference at birth and grew 7.6 cm while he is on the age of 12 months.
How Much Weight Should A Baby Gain Each Week
Infant weight gain from week to week varies. When this week the baby was not gaining weight too much, it may be weeks before him the little weight can take more pressure from last week.
Infant weight monitoring is generally conducted every 3-4 week all. To get the weight of the baby, the baby weighed when he should take some of the tips below:
- Use the tool the same every time scales weigh the baby. Machines weigh different can make different baby weight loss results
- When considering the weight of the baby, the baby try to wear clothes that are thin or off his clothes before weighed
- If the baby weighed after the milk or the fed, then the outcome could be different baby weight approximately 100-200 grams.
How Much Weight Should A Baby Gain In A Month
Beware when the baby weight measurement results above or below the graph of growth, and consult further with the physician to ensure the health of the baby one is not interrupted. When is the baby gaining weight slow becomes a problem? Beware of the following:
- At the age of 10 days, the baby’s weight continues to drop and doesn’t ride up to the period of 3 three weeks
- Average weight gain of the baby of fewer than 100 grams per week during the first three months 3
- Baby weight below the lowest line on the graph of the growth of the standard of the WHO
- When before the age of five months, the baby’s weight down in time 2-3 month, or when the mother put the clothes on the little one, look the more loose, especially on the lower part of the abdomen, pelvis, and legs.
How Fast Do Babies Grow
Many factors can affect a baby’s birth weight, i.e.:
- The size of the parent body
- Baby twins
- The health of the mother during pregnancy
- The Nutrition during pregnancy
- The health of the baby
How Quickly Do Babies Gain Weight
Here are some causes of skinny babies:
- Less share of intake of the nutrients an infant, the mother’s role in determining the absorption of nutrients that are adapted to the nutritional needs of your baby.
- Your baby has entered a period of growth in height so that the motion and its activities are active in infants older than 6 months causing her weight loss in a reasonable amount.
- Your baby is experiencing health problems, one of them, i.e., digestive disorders (absorption of food) or diarrhea decreased appetite, thus affecting the weight of the baby.
How Fast Should Babies Gain Weight
If the weight of your baby belongs to quite a slow rising, here are tips to raise a baby’s weight:
Intake Of Breast Milk Quality
In infants under 6 months of age, the only way is to improve the quality of breastfeeding.
Schedule A Complementary Feeding Of Breast Milk
In general, at the age of your baby enters the companion feeding breast milk (6 months and up), the baby will reduce drinking breast milk, it is judged reasonable due to the intake of other nutrients already he obtained from food companion breast milk.
The Composition Of The Food Companion The Right Breast
I want to increase the weight of your baby, you should pay attention to the kind of food for your baby. You can make food with the composition of carbohydrates and vegetable and side dishes comparable (50:50), for example, the rice team 4 tbsp plus 2 tbsp 2 tbsp of vegetable and side dish.